Snow Plow Insurance
Insurance for snow plow drivers is about more than just liability insurance. While liability protection is an integral part of your coverage, you also need insurance to protect your trucks, your business, and your own financial interests.
Here’s what you need to know.
As a snow plow business, the last thing you want is a damaged vehicle you cannot quickly repair and put back to work during critical winter months. Unfortunately, your crew is out driving in some of the worst weather and riskiest conditions winter has to offer.
For that reason, it’s essential that you have the right insurance for snow plowing to protect the things that are critical for your business.
- Your people
- Your trucks
- Your supplies of salt and other de-icing agents
- Your equipment
- Your ability to continue working throughout the winter season
The Insurance Center of North Jersey is here to help you get the protection you need to protect all your snow plow business interests.
What Types of Snow Plow Insurance Do You Need?
If you plow streets, parking lots, or residential neighborhoods for money, you need snow removal insurance coverage for your business. It’s as simple as that. Where things get a little more complex is in determining the precise protections and coverages you require.
That’s why it is so important to work with a proven leader, like The Insurance Center of North Jersey. We’ve been covering families and businesses throughout New Jersey and surrounding areas since 1927 and are proud to help you get the right protection for your snow plow business.
We understand that all businesses are unique. Even among snow plow businesses, you have different needs and concerns when it comes to insurance protection. In order to cover all the basics, however, you will need the following insurance for your snow plowing business at a minimum.
- Business owners policy (BOP). This represents bundled coverage that includes business property insurance, business income protection, and some general liability protection.
- General liability insurance. Even if you purchase a BOP, chances are you will want to purchase additional liability protection to protect your business.
- Workers’ compensation insurance. Not only is this critical coverage required by law, but it also helps to protect the most essential elements of your business, the people who work for you.
- Commercial auto insurance. Because the trucks that carry the plows are commercial vehicles, you need to make sure you have commercial auto insurance to protect them.
- Inland marine insurance. Your snow removal equipment, such as the snow plow blade and salt dispensers, are often not included in your standard insurance coverage. You should consider inland marine insurance to protect them while your trucks are going about their work.
Of course, this is not a one-size-fits-all coverage option. The work you do is important and dangerous. With that in mind, you may wish to consider policies that provide additional protection, such as umbrella liability insurance, errors and omissions coverage, and employment practices liability insurance.
Snow plow insurance is all about managing your risks so that you are comfortable with the amount of risk exposure you have as a business owner. You can adjust things like deductibles and policy limits to meet your needs for cost and coverage while protecting your business.
Contact The Insurance Center of North Jersey
The Insurance Center of North Jersey will work with you to determine how much risk you find acceptable and design a customized insurance plan for your business.