Medical & Healthcare Facilities Insurance
Medical and healthcare facilities need insurance just as any other business does. You have precious patients to not only treat for a variety of illnesses and conditions but also to protect them.
While your goal is to take care of patients, so they leave in better condition than they arrived, things happen that can make your job more difficult and change your life and that of your patients in many ways. Medical and healthcare facilities insurance is here to help ensure those changes aren’t irrevocable.
Risks the Medical Industry Must Insure Against
The world is changing faster than the speed of light. New risks emerge daily that medical centers and healthcare facilities must face head-on. That means finding the right insurance and acting to mitigate those risks.
Just a few of the risks the average healthcare facility faces include:
- Medical malpractice
- Business property damage from fire, smoke, water, etc.
- Theft or destruction of medical equipment, supplies, and medications kept onsite
- Data breaches and HIPAA compliance
- Violence committed on medical facility property
- Employee and patient accidents and injuries
- Equipment breakdown
- Out of control and continually rising legal fees
- Telemedicine and emerging technology
The better you understand your risks, the more steps you can take to protect your facility against them.
What Types of Facilities Require Medical and Healthcare Facilities Insurance?
Every business that operates beneath the umbrella of a healthcare facility needs to have sufficient business insurance to mitigate risks and keep the business going or get it back on its feet as quickly as possible after covered events occur.
Below is a shortlist of the types of healthcare and medical businesses that require insurance protection for medical and healthcare facilities:
- Rehab clinics
- Community health clinics
- Dialysis clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery centers
- Sleep clinics
- Aesthetic health clinics
- Imaging centers and facilities
- Diagnostic and laboratory facilities
- Massage therapy practices
- Adult daycare centers
- Urgent care facilities
Essentially every business within the healthcare industry that treats patients is a candidate for this valuable insurance protection.
What Types of Insurance Do Businesses in this Industry Require?
With all these possibilities in mind, it is more important than ever that medical and healthcare facilities of all shapes and sizes have the right kind of insurance protection to meet your needs.
Insurance Center of North Jersey works with you to identify your coverage needs and make sure you have the right amount of protection your practice requires.
These are some of the most common types of insurance coverage medical practices require:
- Professional Liability. Sometimes referred to as medical malpractice, this insurance protects you from legal fees and damages, up to policy limits, against you, related to claims filed against you for negligence, malpractice, omissions, or errors.
- General Liability. This protects your practice from mundane accidents and injuries, slips, falls, etc. that occur on your property and the legal fees that go along with these accidents and injuries.
- Property Insurance. This protects the building, contents, equipment, office supplies, furniture, etc. from damage caused by covered events, such as fire, wind damage, water damage, vandalism, theft, etc., helping you to replace them and/or rebuild after a loss.
- Equipment Breakdown Insurance. Medical equipment can be quite costly. It’s also an integral part of healthcare services. Equipment breakdown insurance helps you get it repaired and back in action quickly when breakdowns occur, covering cost and labor. It can also cover the cost of replacing damaged equipment.
- Workers Compensation Insurance. This provides protection for your employees if they are injured on the job or as a result of the work they do for your medical practice. Additionally, it is required by law.
- Income Protection Insurance. This type of protection helps you continue paying your creditors if your business is forced to close its doors while repairs by protecting a portion of your income during that time.
Of course, these are types of coverage essential for all medical practices and healthcare facilities. But your business is uniquely yours with individual insurance requirements, and you may need additional coverages to protect your medical and healthcare facility.
Insurance Center of North Jersey is here to help you get the complete coverage you need for your medical and healthcare facility.