Home Health (Care) Aides Insurance
Home health care aides are called upon to carry out a wide range of responsibilities for the patients under their care.
They take care of various personal needs, helping patients to handle ordinary tasks of their daily lives, as well as providing skilled care and certain rehabilitative services. They do all of this while working one on one with patients who sometimes require extensive care, beyond what the average family member can provide.
It is up to the agencies they work for to provide insurance protection for the aides who work on their behalf. As a home care agency, here’s what you need to know about home health care insurance for your aides.
Do You Need Home Health Aide Insurance Protection?
Because your aides are so intimately involved in the care of the patients your facility serves, it is essential that you have the right kind of insurance protection to cover your professional liability interests as well as providing protection to the men and women who work for you.
Here at Insurance Center of North Jersey, we offer a wide range of coverage options for home health care agencies through our primary policies and carriers, including:
- Professional liability
- General liability
- Employee benefits liability
- Excess and umbrella coverage for allied healthcare facilities
- Workers’ Compensation
- Business Auto
- State Licensing Bond
- Employee Theft Bond
Primary policy features include the following:
- Separate limits for professional, general, and employee benefits liability protection.
- Defense cost coverage that exceeds the liability limits.
- Notification for potential claim triggers.
- Professional services protection that includes healthcare services, good Samaritan services, proctoring services, and administrative services.
- Professional liability protection for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and physicians (by endorsement).
We offer protection for a wide range of healthcare facilities through our CNA carrier, including those that operate outside of facilities by providing home health services, like yours.
CNA can provide a wide range of solutions for home health care agencies, such as primary professional liability, general liability, employee benefits liability, hired and non-owned auto, excess and umbrella coverage.
CNA professional liability includes coverage for employed Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses and the potential for a broader account solution with commercial lines and scheduled business auto.
- Personal care – Activities of daily living assistance, for instance.
- Skilled care – More complex care, such as wound care, tube feedings, etc.
- Rehabilitation care – Rehabilitation, occupational and speech therapies.
What Does Home Health Aide Insurance Cover?
Different policies offer different levels of protection.
At Insurance Center of North Jersey, we work with you to identify your specific coverage needs and then to find a policy that meets those requirements, addresses your concerns, and offers you the best overall value.
Some of the specific items your agency might want address as coverage enhancements include:
- Medical waste legal expense coverage
- Emergency evacuation expenses
- Media expenses
- HIPAA proceedings
- Patient personal property protection
- Privacy and network security protections
Many regulations and rules could be accidentally violated by home health aides who operate primarily out of sight of your facility. Because of this increased risk, it is extremely important to protect the good name of your organization and the professional staff members who work hard to make it operate efficiently.
The problems arise because you are dealing with very sick patients and cannot always guarantee or provide, despite the best possible quality of care, a favorable outcome. Work with us to avoid some of the claims that are made during times like this when families are struggling with unwanted, unexpected, and unfavorable outcomes.
Liability insurance protection helps you to cover the legal fees and expenses of lengthy trials where loved ones are coming to terms with their loss and need someone to hold responsible. We will work with you to manage your risks, offering consultants to come in and address potential areas of concern through:
- Performing staff evaluations to identify potential problems.
- Requiring specific medical record documentation.
- Establishing credentialing requirements for physicians and mid-level care providers.
- Working with you to develop policies and procedures that minimize your risks.
Our goal is to help you reduce your organizational risks for liability claims while improving efficiency, quality of care, and the level of services you offer.
We believe it’s important to provide more than insurance protection.
Our mission is to help you avoid the need for potentially devastating claims and the steps mentioned above are just a few ways we believe we can help.
Why Work with Insurance Center of North Jersey?
For more than 90 years, Insurance Center of North Jersey has been going to bat for the families and businesses that operate throughout the state of New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Our mission has not changed since our early days. What has changed is the technology and protection we have available for you.
We understand the unique challenges that health care providers in our area face and offer insurance products that help you protect your financial interests, the people who work for you, and your good name. We do not believe you have to sacrifice for the sake of a fast outcome. We will work with you to find the right insurance provider to help you protect your interests from day one.