In the state of New Jersey, it is necessary to have auto insurance for all automobiles on the road. Insurance Center of North Jersey can help you get the insurance coverage you need at a price you can feel good about. While we are located in Hackensack, NJ, we serve all areas of New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
Why Buy Car Insurance?
Although all drivers in the state of New Jersey need auto coverage on the vehicles they drive to satisfy the law, that’s not the only reason you should purchase auto coverage. In fact, the minimum coverage for insurance for cars is rarely enough to meet the needs today’s drivers face.
The minimum coverage required in New Jersey is only liability insurance. That doesn’t cover damage to your car if you’re at fault in the accident or your medical expenses. More importantly, it may not be enough to cover the damage and injuries to third parties, which leaves you on the hook for damages or claims that remain.
What Kind of Auto Insurance Do You Need?
There are many different types of car insurance policies available for drivers today. The scope of auto coverage you need varies from one driver to the next. That’s why it’s so important to sit down with an independent insurance agent to discuss what your needs are according to your history and your current situation.
These are the common types of auto coverage available to New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania drivers.
- Liability. Covers the damage you do to the property of others as well as bodily injuries you cause when you’re determined to be at fault in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection. Protection provides medical coverage in order to treat injuries resulting from a car accident that kicks in on secondary insurance. Subject to policy provisions, and your selected Deductible and Co-Insurance
- Comprehensive Coverage. Coverage extends to damage that isn’t collision based (trees falling on cars, vandalism, hail, flood, fire, glass, animals, etc.) Subject to Deductible.
- Collision Coverage. Repairs or replaces your car when it’s damaged in a covered accident. Subject to Deductible.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage. Affords protection to you in the event that you’re in an accident with a driver who has no insurance or an inadequate amount of insurance to cover the bodily injury and property damage of an accident that person caused. Subject to Deductible.
What Determines the Costs of Your Insurance?
The costs of drivers’ yearly premiums are determined by many mitigating factors like those below.
- Credit Score
- Driving History
- Type of Vehicle
- Where you live and garage your car
- The Number of Years you’ve been continuously insured
- Miles Driven per year & vehicle usage
- Specialty Features (aftermarket parts, special paint colors that are difficult to match, etc.)
- Age of Vehicle (it’s not just new cars that may have higher insurance rates. Classic cars with hard to find replacement parts may also cost more to insure.)
- Driver’s Education and Defensive Driving Courses
- Vehicle Security Features
- Grades in School (for teen drivers)
- Types of Coverage Purchased
- Garaging Location
Understanding what drives insurance costs can help you make wise decisions while driving and buying vehicles that will help you keep your insurance costs down.
Why Choose Insurance Center of North Jersey for Your Car Insurance Needs?
As a staple in the New Jersey community for more than 80 years, we are committed to serving the diverse needs of drivers by providing free, no hassle auto insurance quotes, quality coverage, personalized service, and a wide variety of car insurance products. The fact that we’re an independent agency means we work with multiple insurers to negotiate the best package at the best rates to meet your individual insurance needs.