Professional Liability Insurance in New York
If your practice is located in New York, you cannot afford to do business without the right type of insurance coverage.
Finding a quality insurance broker to meet your unique and specific needs is one of the most important tasks you take to secure your professional future and personal financial holdings and assets.
Professional Protective Alliance understands the weight of this decision. We believe in helping you find the right protection to provide peace of mind while protecting you and your assets.
We may be able to help you obtain professional liability even if any of the following apply to you:
- Previous claims filed against you
- Canceled policies
- Declined renewals
- Suspended License
Professionals living and working in Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Putnam, and surrounding New York areas have relied on us for their insurance needs for over 20 years, and we look forward to a long future of serving your professional liability protection needs as well.
We offer experienced and knowledgeable guidance about the types of protection that will provide you with the best possible protection.
Do You Need Professional Insurance?
Professional insurance isn’t something reserved for the select few in business in the state of New York. More and more professionals in a wide range of fields are discovering that this is an essential component of your insurance and financial protection.
The standard business owner’s policy, or BOP, does not offer protection against professional liability claims made against you. This means you’ll be on your own for the legal and financial fallout of these claims without a standalone policy that specifically addresses your professional liability protection.
Many different types of NY professionals need liability insurance protection. However, professionals in the following fields cannot afford to operate without this critical coverage that protects your financial assets:
Defending yourself and your organization against claims made against you, by itself, can be financially devastating. Your professional liability insurance helps you cover these costs along with any judgments awarded against you.
Why these industries specifically?
- Professionals in your field are often unpleasantly surprised to learn their BOPs do not protect them from professional liability claims. Unfortunately, financial mistakes or accidents in your industry can prove costly. However, you can have a claim made against you, through no fault of your own, by unscrupulous clients hoping for a payday. Professional liability offers protection in these instances as well.
- Because you offer advice about matters of personal, physical, and financial importance, malpractice misrepresentation claims are quite common in your industry. You know, all too well, that juries are fickle and legal expenses can add up quickly. Professional liability protection can help protect you from financial losses that could be catastrophic.
- Regardless of the specific type of dentistry you practice, you’re working on a very sensitive thing for your patients, their smiles. When things go wrong, or people do not get their anticipated results, the first reaction is often a legal action, which can cost your practice big time if you don’t have sufficient professional liability coverage.
- Your mission is to bring healing to as many people as possible. Sometimes, you’re simply unable to deliver the desired results. Sometimes, mistakes happen. When things go wrong, regardless of who was at fault, the people injured or left behind often look for someone to blame and hold responsible. This is why it is essential for medical professionals, especially physicians, to have solid professional liability protection.
There are a few key elements you should seek when buying a professional liability insurance policy. The most critical issue, aside from the amount of coverage you receive from your insurer, is perhaps obtaining an agreement that your insurer will never settle a claim without gaining your consent before doing so.
Why does this matter?
Because your finances are not the only thing on the line when claims are made against you. Your professional reputation is also under fire, and you deserve the right to rigorously defend your good name.
Professional Protective Alliance understands the importance of your good name and will help you fight to protect it rather than to settle a case for the sake of expedience.
Why Trust Your Insurance to Professional Protective Alliance?
Professional Protective Alliance understands the importance of your good name. We’ve been serving the business needs of NY professionals for 20 years based on the value of our good name.