Protect Your Valentine

February 5th, 2013 by admin

You’ve spent time, energy, and money on picking out the perfect Valentine’s Day surprise. If your Valentine’s Day bling is worth more than the limit included on your home or renters policy, which it probably is, it’s worth insuring and we can help.


A floater is a type of insurance that people purchase to cover specific items that aren’t normally covered under their standard homeowner’s insurance (or other type of insurance) policy.


It is known as a floater because it tends to cover items that are easily moveable or transportable, which makes the item more likely to become damaged or stolen than if it were to stay in one secure location.


We do recommend this type of insurance when people have valuable things.  While you can’t put a price on sentimental value you certainly can—and should—insure their financial value in case the item is lost, stolen or destroyed by a fire or other disaster.